Beginning Steps to the Davis Autism Approach Program
A workshop specifically created for parents, caregivers & support persons of younger individuals with ASD and for those with limited language.
Description: : An introductory program developed for younger individuals who are on the autistic spectrum and /or are struggling to meet early childhood development milestones.
Aim: To provide the opportunity to gain sufficient knowledge and skills to actively support the development of early life and social concepts.
Upon completion of the workshop you will:
- Demonstrate an understanding behind the rationale for the programme and how it helps those with ASD under the age of 8 or those with very limited language, to develop the foundational life’s lessons needed to complete essential early childhood development stages.
- Describe and reflect on the process of ‘individuation’ (awareness of self) and the role it plays in the acquisition of early life concepts.
- Gain and practice the Davis Focusing Tools for yourself.
- Demonstrate the techniques needed to guide someone through the use of the Davis Focusing Tools.
- Identify the Basic Stepping Stones concepts and their definitions.
- Describe the technique of Concept Mastery using clay and gain experience on how to guide another/your child through this process.
- Explore the Concept Mastery procedure for The Basic Stepping Stones Concepts of self, another, others, change, consequence, cause/effect, before/after.
- Gain experience of how to facilitate experiences so that these concepts can be understood and transferred across a variety of situations.
Who should attend:
Parents, family members and support persons of individuals who demonstrate autistic characteristics and are struggling to meet early childhood development milestones.
Therapists, teacher aids, early childhood workers, allied health assistants.
Anyone who is interested in the Davis Autism Approach®
Read the book Autism and the Seeds of Change – By Abigail Marshall and Ronald D. Davis
Course Length: 2 Days
Note: This course does not include certification or licensing for commercial use of the Davis trademarks; such use requires extensive additional training.
There are no upcoming events at this time.