- This event has passed.
Gift of Dyslexia workshop – Johannesburg
September 12 - September 15| ZAR 7,200.00
The Gift of Dyslexia Workshop is an introduction to the fundamental theories, principles and procedures of Davis Dyslexia Correction. These basic principles and methods form the foundation of the various Davis Programmes for dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia and ADD/ADHD. Training is done with a combination of lectures, demonstrations, paired practice sessions and Q & A.
Each participant will have the opportunity to understand, experience and practice each procedure.
Attendance is limited to ensure the highest quality of training.
Who should attend:
Parents, Teachers, Occupational Therapists, Educational Psychologists, Reading Specialists, Teacher Aides, Tutors and those interested in completing the Licensed Facilitator Training Programme.
Adult dyslexics can also attend, though this workshop does NOT substitute a professional one-to-one Davis Dyslexia Correction programme.
What you will learn, see demonstrated, and personally experience:
- Proven methods for improving reading fluency, spelling, motor co-ordination and attention focus.
- How the Davis procedures were developed
- How dyslexics think and perceive
- How to assess for the ‘gift of dyslexia’
- How to help dyslexics eliminate confusion and focus attention
- Davis Symbol Mastery and Reading Exercises for mastering reading and spelling
- How to incorporate the Davis methods into a teaching, home school, tutoring, or therapeutic setting.