Gift of Dyslexia Workshop – Hamilton, New Zealand
October 2 @ 9:00 am - October 5 @ 5:00 pm| $AUD1955 - $AUD2300
The Gift of Dyslexia Workshop is an introduction to the fundamental theories, principles and procedures of Davis Dyslexia Correction. These basic principles and methods form the foundation of the various Davis Programmes for dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia and ADD/ADHD. Training is done with a combination of lectures, demonstrations, paired practice sessions and Q & A. Each participant will have the opportunity to understand, experience and practice each procedure. Attendance is limited to ensure the highest quality of training.
Parents, Teachers, RTLB’s, Reading Specialists, Teacher Aides, Tutors and those interested in completing the Licensed Facilitator Training Programme.What you will learn, see demonstrated, and personally experience:• Proven methods for improving reading fluency, spelling,
motorcoordination and attention focus.
• How the Davis procedures were developed
• How dyslexics think and perceive
• How to assess for the ‘gift of dyslexia’
• How to help dyslexics eliminate confusion and focus attention
• Davis Symbol Mastery and Reading Exercises for mastering reading and
• How to incorporate the Davis methods into a teaching, home school,
tutoring or therapeutic setting.