- This event has passed.
Davis Autism Approach ‘Nurturing the Seed of Genius’ Workshop – Malvern, UK
October 21, 2018 - October 25, 2018| £1,395.00
- Licensed Davis Facilitator.
- Thorough study of the Nurturing the Seed of Genius Workshop Manual
- Prior attendance of a Mastery of Motivation & Responsibility Workshop.
1) To become familiar and comfortable with the theory, structure, sequence,
content and exercises of a Davis Autism Approach Program;
2) To learn how to establish and maintain rapport with an autistic client.
Autism – What is it?
- General overview
- Davis perspective
- Parent perspective
- What causes the symptoms?
- What is required to achieve “full participation in life”
Creating Rapport and establishing motivation
- Empathy Procedure
Program content and procedures
Phase 1: Individuation
- What is it?
- How to achieve it using the Davis “tools” with adaptations for Autistic individuals
Phase 2: Identity Development:
- What is it?
- How to guide it
- Structure for construction of knowledge
- Introduction of the Three-Universe Model: Self, Mind, Body, Lifeforce
- Review of concepts presented in the M&R and how they apply to autism
- Guided clay work of additional concepts
- Reasoning and purpose for “simplest form” models
- Purpose and procedure for real world exploration of Identity Development concepts
Activating the Parallel Identity Program:
- Establishing Order Exercises
- Responsibility Exercise Formulas A & B (do in pairs)
Phase 3: Social Integration
- Guided clay work of the Relationship concepts
Adapting to the needs of the client and family.
Explanation of the Davis Autism Approach licensing process.