Fundamentals of Dyslexia Correction:
This 4-day (30 hour) professional workshop is an introduction to the basic theories, principles and application of all the procedures described in The Gift of Dyslexia. Training is done with a combination of lectures, demonstrations, group practice, and question and answer sessions. Attendance is limited to ensure the highest quality of training.
Participants will learn:
- Proven methods for helping adults and children improve reading, spelling, motor coordination, and attention focus.
- How and why the Davis methods were developed.
- How dyslexics think and perceive.
- How to assess for the “gift of dyslexia”.
- How to eliminate confusions and mistakes in basic language symbols.
- How to incorporate the Davis methods in a therapeutic or educational setting.
Who Should Enroll?
Open to all interested adults. Recommended for parents, tutors and teachers, as well as individuals interested in pursuing licensing as a Davis Facilitator.
Before you Start:
Students should read The Gift of Dyslexia by Ron Davis before starting the workshop.